Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Updating the Blog

All:

Mom and I have gone back and forth on updating the blog. It is difficult to share bad news. But I know we have a lot of family and friends far away, and they check this regularly to see if there is something new.

First, can I tell you how grateful we are for all of you? You have been our guardian angels, there to help us through this most difficult time. We have felt an outpouring of love and support, and we have needed it. Thank you for the notes, the emails, the blog posts, the gifts, the flowers, the simple acts of kindness... Thank you. This is what life is all about... it has inspired us to want to be better people, and to help others even when it is hard.

Dad. The doctors continue to tell us... days. Dad keeps waking up each morning with a smile on his face. He doesn't feel a lot of pain physically if he is lying in bed. If he tries to get out of bed... it hurts him terribly. He is forced to lie in his bed, but he is very peaceful when he is there. He has enjoyed those that have come and visited him, and loves spending time with the kids. We are so grateful that he isn't in pain. He still has his up days and his down days. There are times when he wants to talk, and times where he is so exhausted that he just sleeps for hours on end. It is hard to see his life like this... but it is amazing how comforted we have all been in knowing that he is in the Lords hands. He always has been, and always will be. This time has been a great testimony building experience for all of us. We want our family to be together forever. We know that we can be. How grateful we are for this knowledge. Without it, this trial would be much more difficult.

We love you all. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers on our families behalf.

Love,

Jon

7 comments:

Unknown said...

We just want you to know our thoughts and prayers are with you. Dick and I served in the Fresno Temple tonight and put Harold's name on the prayer roll of the temple. Thank you for sharing the ups and downs on your blog. We have always loved your family; we were at Harold and Diane's wedding reception in Steve and Vicki's backyard. Wish we were there to bring meals and give you hugs. Just know that we love you. Dick and Tiffany Madsen

Debbie Richmond said...

Jon, I do check the blog frequently and I am grateful you take the time to keep us all updated when you have so many things to take care of. I feel so inadequate not being able to really help, however, you can be sure that your family is in our family/personal prayers. I am so grateful that your Dad is resting comfortably and your family is feeling comforted as well. I pray that this will continue throughout this journey that you are all on together. Please, please, give your mother a hug from me and tell her what an inspiration of strength and faith she is and has been to me. xxx ooo Debbie

Gail said...

Bob and I are thinking of you daily ... wish we could do SOMEthing - we're grateful you're supported by family and friends in such a meaningful way and that you're feeling the power of that.
Gail and Bob Berry

Shannon said...

You're right, I do check the blog all the time... wondering how you are all doing. I'm so glad you've been updating it. What a blessing he isn't in pain most of the time; I'm sure having his kids around is all he needs right now. Wish we could do more. You are in our thoughts and prayers at almost every instant; we find it hard not to think about it. We love you guys. -Shannon

The Zeediks said...

I've been thinking about you all so much lately. I know it has to be hard to put into words what you are all going through. But it is so great that you are doing this because you would end up spending so much time on endless phone calls telling hard stories to tell. And this record will be a real family treasure. For little Lily etc. I'm sad that I am so far and am not hearing about everyones feelings first hand in the salon.:) I have so much love and respect for you all. Can't even imagine how your Mom is feeling. If you get a chance to tell us how she is holding up, do. I know what a strong woman she is. She is prepared for this trial because of the amazing life she has led. She will be such a strength to so many people who will deal with similar things, I can see it now...But I hope she has a chance every now and then to just have a tiny selfish moment and feel a little sorry for herself:) My prayers are with you. XOXO

Anonymous said...

Harold, The other day I went up with Bryn to fish with him at cabin on the Yak. Whenever I'm up there fishing I remember you taking me up there my first time. That stretch of water always reminds me of you! Also reminds me of the picture I took of you kissing the nice rainbow trout you caught! You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. John Misner

Megan said...

We hope that you know that the Bouchers are forever grateful for the friendship that we have with your family. We have benifitted so much from our association with you all and are so grateful for you steadfast examples of faith and love. We are constantly amazed at your strength and courage. We love you and you are in our thoughts and prayers.

The Boucher Family