Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Today Is A Good Day!


Well, today is a good day.  Harold had appointments at the Huntsman Cancer Institute.  He is doing amazingly well and had the strength and energy to endure a very long day (7 hours) of appointments and waiting.  These past seven days since his first Avastin infusion have been extremely exhausting.  But we must be making progress.  He used to say last week, "It takes so much effort to stay alive.".....these past few days he says, "It takes so much effort to stay AWAKE."  And then the fire kicks in and he says, "I have GOT to get better."  

We have giggled and laughed as he can't believe how much effort the simplest of things take. His sense of humor is alive and well and we are loving it!    His goal for the week is to go fishing on Friday with family.  We are waiting for lab results to help us create a natural energy plan tomorrow!  We can hardly wait.  Oh, the things you take for granted!

We want to express our love and gratitude for so MANY wonderful friends and family that have just enveloped us and lifted us up.  In addition to the notes on this blog we receive so many emails and phone calls.  We feel your prayers and really, that is the most powerful thing anyone can do.  It is a very tangible feeling to be strengthened and supported by the prayers of those that love you.  

"Nothing penetrates the human heart as does a personal, fervent prayer and its heaven-sent response"   ~Thomas S. Monson

Thank you again!   With Love, Harold & Diane

6 comments:

Taryn said...

I'm glad to hear things are a little bit better. When my Mom told me about his condition last week, I was heart broken. You guys are like family to me and have been in my thoughts and prayers constantly. Thank you for making this blog so that we can understand a little bit more - firsthand - what is happening with Harry. I love your family dearly and think of you guys often. Continue to draw strength from hose around you as well as he Lord, as I'm sure you are. Harold's a fighter and we all know that. Love you!

Arlene Heiner said...

Great news. It's so good to hear of his renewed strength. I know there will be good news ahead. Prayers are powerful and I know there are many prayers headed your way.

Jessica said...

Such good news! We are constantly thinking of your family and love you so much. Glad to hear things are progressing :)

The Christensen Family said...

So happy that it was a good day! And may there be SO many to come... I love your beautiful family and am constantly uplifted by your strength and amazing examples. XXOO Steph

Debbie Richmond said...

Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you this morning so I checked the blog. I am so happy to hear good and encouraging news when it comes to your sweetheart. Sure love ya........xxx ooo

christensen crew said...

It is good to hear that things are getting better for Harold... Even if it is one day at a time. You guys are such an amazing family. We just love you all so much. I have seen the true strength in each one of you, and I am in awe at how your family bond it operating on Extra Strength right now....Our Father in Heaven has his arms wrapped around you. And, yes...there are many prayers headed your way. Know that we love you and are thinking of you always. And Harry, keep the Faith-- You are a true hero! WE love you!